APG Systems Engineer (James Winters, Will Bucci, Louis Dodson)
|Security Clearance Status:
|Security Clearance Type:
|US Citizenship Required:
NCI/Army and Intelligence Sector is looking for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a growing company and a winning team within the Intelligence Group. We are looking for skilled resources that have an active TS/SCI Polygraph clearance.
As a leader in delivering innovative technology solutions for our nation’s highest-priority defense and homeland security initiatives, we provide talented individuals with the opportunity to:
Work with the latest tools and technologies where you are set up to succeed
Perform important work that contributes to the well-being of the nation
Join an organization that values people and teamwork, and offers career growth and training
We offer our employees a competitive compensation, vacation and a robust benefits package, as well as a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
This opening qualifies for an enhanced benefits package. If you have an active TS/SCI Polygraph clearance you will be contacted with details about the enhanced benefits package.
NCI: As the Systems Engineer ( Systems Engineer ) your skills and experience will afford you the opportunity to wor k with a remarkable group of dedicated and talented resources working in a fast-paced environment implementing start-of-the-art technologies in the Intelligence Community.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Perform complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plan and direct upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develop and direct tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Active TS/SCI Polygraph.
- Advanced knowledge of SW project lifecycle.
- Strong level of experience with production releases, configuration management.
- BS Degree in an IT field or equivalent experience.
- Program Management Framework (PMF), and/or Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Government SOA.
- Skilled in technical writing, preparing briefings.
- Ability to work in a small team, often under time pressure.
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with New York Life Investment Management is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
Flexible Spending Programs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn…Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.