Systems Administrator (UNIX) - Mannheim, Germany
|Security Clearance Status:
|Security Clearance Type:
|US Citizenship Required:
NCI: As the UNIX Systems Administrator ( UNIX Systems Administrator II ), your experience and prior success will be essential in the support the operation of networks in Europe at Mannheim, Germany on the E-TNOSC effort. You will sustain ongoing IT initiatives in the telecommunications network to ensure the satisfaction of the customer. NCI is always seeking talent and although this position is contingent upon an open position, we encourage you to apply.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Configure and manage UNIX operating systems, and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitor and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through off-site storage and retrieval services.
- Develop and promotes standard operating procedures
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Establish, document, and enforce system administration policies and procedures.
- DoD Secret with ability to obtain a TS/SCI if required.
- Must be able to obtain TESA approval.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Business Administration or Mathematics.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of specialized IT experience may substitute for the Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree.
- Specialized Experience: The following experience may be concurrent: Four (4) years experience using and maintaining UNIX Systems on “Server Based OS” experience. Two (2) years experience with (HP-UX, Solaris, or similar based applications); two (2) years direct experience with U.S. military command and control or commercial LAN/WAN communication systems.
- UNIX Systems Certification and DoD 8570.01 M, IAT Level II Baseline Certification
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn…Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.