Senior Information Assurance Engineer - Stuttgart, Germany
|Security Clearance Status:
|Security Clearance Type:
||Top Secret SCI
|US Citizenship Required:
NCI: As the Senior Information Assurance Engineer ( Information Assurance Engineer III ), your experience and prior success will be essential to support the operation of networks in Europe at Stuttgart, Germany in support of USEUCOM and USAFRICOM effort. You will sustain ongoing IT initiatives in the telecommunications network to ensure the satisfaction of the customer. NCI is always seeking talent and although this position is contingent upon an open position, we encourage you to apply.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Develop information systems assurance programs and control guidelines.
- Assist in resolving technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Involve in the performance of assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identifies where those systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy through passive evaluations (compliance audits) and active evaluations (vulnerability assessments).
- Assist in the establishment of strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems to include process support, analysis support, coordination support, security certification test support, security documentation support, investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6/3), and makes recommendations on process tailoring.
- Involve in the performance of analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommends additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
- Conduct a review of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Specialized experience with Information Assurance tolls (e.g. firewalls, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, routers, switches, auditing correlation tools, encryption devices/tools, vulnerability scanning, content filtering, application and device control).
- Demonstrated information risk management experience in a C4 environment, including secure communications-network architectures, procedures, and environments; network incident response.
- Specialized experience in preparing and maintaining accreditation documentation; IA Control implementation and validation.
- Specialized experience managing or implementing DoD information security, network security and industrial security policies and procedures.
- Experience managing of a team of information assurance specialist; information assurance team may consist of computer network defenders, and certification and accreditation personnel.
- Specialized experience training information systems personnel on DoD security policies and procedures.
- Industry security-related (e.g. SANS, (ISC) 2, etc.) certifications.
- CISSP or equivalent certification.
- Must be able to obtain TESA approval.
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn…Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.