Exchange Sustainment Systems Engineer - Senior
||Fort Huachuca, AZ
|Security Clearance Status:
||Active and/or Able to Obtain
|Security Clearance Type:
|US Citizenship Required:
NCI: As an Exchange Sustainment Systems Engineer – Senior ( Systems Engineer IV ) you will provide engineering support to the NETCOM ACofS, G-5. You will provide technical integration, design, and engineering support in administering and sustaining non-enterprise (legacy) Exchange and Enterprise Email environments. This support includes continued application support necessary to either decommission legacy application environments or move Exchange-dependent applications and services into the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)-hosted application environment including the current United States Army within all theater and functional areas of operations on the Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET), Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), and Deployed Forces (DF).
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide implementation guidance, best practices information, and detailed product feature specifications to support integration into cloud-based Exchange services based in the LandWarNet Network Operations (NetOps) Architecture (LNA).
- Draft white papers providing recommendations concerning technical situations such as, but not limited to, desktop and network services, access controls, PKI infrastructure, interfacing, or other issues relating to EE delivery requiring further evaluation and solution development.
- Provide Tier 2/3 and EDS-P support services support for migration services based upon established guidance.
- Review and recommend technical modifications to existing documentation supporting the EE migration environments.
- Provide technical documentation needed to complete and sustain any relevant changes to DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), security boundary extension, and networthiness.
- Research and analyze DoD and DA policies that may impact implementations.
- Review and document technical modifications to existing documentation supporting multiple client and network baseline configuration variables on both NIPRNET and SIPRNET occurring in EE migration environments.
- Provide Configuration Management Control and Release Engineering Support.
- The Contractor shall load, configure, and analyze applicable configurations and software patches in a Government-provided baseline standardized test environment.
- Support the implementation of new EE-specific technologies, (e.g., NETOPS capabilities, Service Delivery dashboard integration).
- Provide technical integration support to mitigate technical and logical implementation issues throughout project completion.
- Perform risk mitigation activities as part of change/configuration management to ensure smooth implementation of systems, services, and application of new automation capabilities.
- Develop draft technical control bulletins and documentation that support EE implementation and delivery.
- Draft technical migration TTPs supporting implementation of EE as the end-state messaging service.
- The Contractor shall publish approved technical TTPs to the OPT Dashboard for migration efforts, and maintain these as references for sustainment.
- Develop and maintain technically-focused FAQ, Fault Isolation Guides, and Lessons Learned on the OPT portal supporting EE implementation and sustainment of services.
- The items posted shall be key-word-searchable.
- Current Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one.
- IT Level II and NACLC in accordance with AR 25-2. IAT Level II certified as specified in DOD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002 (Security+ CE, or GSEC, or SSCP IA Certifications).
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 6 – 12 years experience as a Senior System Engineer.
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) certification within 6 months from hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Apply to NETCOM’s planning, managing, and sustaining Exchange Services.
- Expertise in programming languages to include but not limited to Visual Basic, html, and Power Shell. Understand programming required to access Microsoft based systems to include Vista, Windows 7 32bit and Windows 7 64 bit Knowledgeable as to the strengths and weaknesses of the different languages in evaluating the proper tool used for development.
- Individual should understand and be able to implement Software Development Lifecycle principals.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn…Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.